- Monthly council meetings are held the 4th Tuesday of every month at Dublin City Pub in Cedar Rapids at 7pm, all members are encouraged to attend.
- Monthly ceilidhs are held the 1st Saturday of every month at Dublin City Pub in Cedar Rapids, from 6pm-10pm, all are welcome!
- In addition to our two biggest annual events, Burns Dinner and CelticFest, we organize several other activities throughout the year, such as Scotch tasting, Tartan Day ceilidh, picnics, golfing, kilt krawls, and a Guy Fawkes bonfire. There is so much fun to being a member!
- Membership: open to any who care to join! Dues are due on Tartan Day (6 April) of each year. Most pay at the Burns Supper in January. Click here for a printable membership form.
- Scholarships and Grants are available (it’s why we exist!). See the appropriate page in the sidebar at the right.
- Our Founders, who organized HAGGIS in 1991.
- By-Laws in PDF format.
- Expense Reimbursement Form. (We are Scottish, this had better be good!)
- Donation Tax Form (PDF). Note that the donation receipt must be signed, or the IRS may reject it. Instructions for this form.
The Hawkeye Area Grand Gaelic Isles Society offer scholarships and grants to foster, encourage, and expand interest in all things Scottish, Gaelic and/or Celtic. The Executive Board and H.A.G.G.I.S. Council will determine the number and amount of awards available each year. A required condition of an award is the return of a written letter confirming …